An easy recipe for delicious gluten free bread
2 cups rolled rye (or oats)
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup hazlenuts
1/2 cup hazlenut, almond or coconut flour
3/4 cup flax seeds
1/3 cup psyllium seed husks (DO NOT OMIT – this is the secret ingredient)
3 tablespoons chia seeds
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup light olive oil
2 1/2 cups water
- Toast all seeds on a cookie sheet for about 5 minutes in a 375 degree oven
- Pour dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Grease your loaf pan, pour in bread dough mixture and smooth top. Let sit for at least 2 hours and up to 24, refrigerated. The longer the better.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bring loaf out of refrigerator. Let come to room temperature, then bake for 60 minutes. Gently remove loaf from pan and let sit on cooling rack for at least 2 hours before slicing. Enjoy!